1. Do not procrastinate
2. Study for classes
3. Get to know your guidance counselor very well
4. Academically stand out
5. Get involved! It’s not too late!
6. Have a plan and a list of colleges set up
7. Don’t give up! Don’t fall into senioritis and keep working into summer. Everything will pay off, I promise.
8. If in a foreign country, or new area, don’t bemoan leaving friends behind. Go out and make new ones, or at least new memories with your family.
9. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There are plenty of people willing to help you as long as you know what you want to accomplish.
10. Confidence is really key- get out of your comfort zone, be bold, don’t be afraid to do something unexpected.
11. Know what you like and what you don’t- you’ll be tempted to change to fit in at every new place, don’t compromise your values or what you really want.
12. Enjoy your time- don’t be afraid to get attached to people or places, enjoy the places you see, the people you know, and the cultures you experience- you’ll regret it if you don’t.